Sunday

A simple house rule for X-Wing


Okay... was thinking a bit about how to add a bit more strategy to movement... right now it seems like it is a "run at the enemy, pass him, K turn" rinse and repeat.

So... here is my proposal.

First, all regular fighters have four "sides"; their front fire arc (as already defined) a rear arc (the reverse of the front fire arc) and two side arcs. You'd have to maybe draw the rear arc onto the card.

Then add this rule:

If you are attacking an enemy ship in its side arc, you may reroll one attack die.

If you are attacking an enemy ship in its rear arc, you may reroll one attack die AND you may force the enemy to reroll one agility die.

I have to sit and look at the ships to figure out how you determine exactly if you are in an arc, but I think a post-to-post line should help determine which fire arc you are in.


My hope is that this might make people more interested in things like attacking from the flank and even getting behind enemies.

I am not sure if it would work with the big ships, as they are rather large and I don't have any to look at.

Thoughts?