Sunday

Ordered a copy of "X-Wing"!


Hey all!

I have to admit, all of the X-Wing talk has really got me going:)  I am, like anyone my age, a HUGE Star Wars fan.  When I was a kid, when I wasn't wanting to be Steven Spielberg I was wanting to be Harrison Ford.  In college I not only took a house course on Religion and Star Wars (it was either that or badminton... I needed half a credit) but I also made a Star Wars space combat game that we spent about a year playing, spread out on my future roommate's floor.

So when I saw this, I thought "How cool!"  The only problem?  I could never, EVER spend money on a game I would likely rarely play.

That is... until I heard they sold it at Barnes and Noble!

Now, for those who don't know, I am an elementary school teacher.  And if there is one thing elementary school teachers have in abundance, it is Barnes and Noble gift cards.  Now, I have actually never spent one of those cards on a non-school related thing.  Just this year I did a $700 shopping spree at B&N using gift cards for my classroom.

But I found two just a few days ago that I didn't know I had... sooooo... yeah.

So the game is on its way!  I am hoping to get a few more ships at some point and maybe play it with my old roommate when we see each other this summer!

Good times!