Thursday

How I generate tiles for my 15mm Moderns



Hey all!

Just whipped up this quick graphic to demonstrate how I randomly generate my tiles for my 15mm Moderns game.

There are five aspects.

First, you roll up the road layout.

Then you roll up if there are any open spaces (i.e. lack of much cover and buildings) in the tile.  This particularly means no elevated terrain.  I use open palm groves, or parks, or squares, or even markets for this.

Then you roll up the buildings.  This is fairly open-ended, because it is determined in some ways by the buildings you have available.  Generally you want to put the types of buildings you roll up along the road, as they are usually the more important buildings... that is good enough to give the "feel" that you rolled up, either of lower buildings along the roadway or taller buildings.

Next you roll for IED markers.  I think this is straight forward.  The exactly width of your markers vs the width of your roads doesn't matter; the entire road, width-wise, is treated as possibly mined.

Then you roll for blinds, which represent possible enemies.  Please note; there is more of a chance of enemies being in the far half of the tile than the near half.

Not sure if anyone will like this, but I figured why not share?:)