Tuesday

Visiting Fort Ticonderoga



Hey all!

First off, sorry it has been SO damn long... I am just not doing a lot with toy soldiers at the moment, so have nothing to share!

Well, almost nothing:)

I took a trip with my father in law up to Fort Ticonderoga and took a few shots for those AWI/F&I folks here; so Giles, these are for you!:)


A shot overlooking the lake.  Man, those cannon have a great view:)



Every gun had beautiful engravings.


One of the many mortars in the place.


An impressive list of "guests" I would say!:)


The barracks.  A number of reenactors were there, doing the living history thing.


A model of a British landing craft.


Very cool breech loading gun!  They had some wonderful weapons there.



Beautiful horns.



Another beautiful powder horn.


One of the MANY powder horns.  Beautiful stuff.




A selection of Scottish weapons.


Muskets.  Ahhhh muskets!:)


A brace of pistols.


Toy soldiers!  I loved seeing these... apparently our hobby is timeless!


I love seeing original leathers and original canteens, almost more than the weapons themselves.


This was very neat; a powder tester!  You load it up with an amount of power and then fire it, and the further along the crank-thing it gets, the higher grade the powder is.


A pair of Brown Besses.  Maybe my favorite ever gun.


The interior of the fort.


I liked seeing that drum sitting there.


A pair of pistols owned by George Washington.


A view over the lake.


"... that our flag was still there!"


Small hole that can do a lot of damage.


Great little gun.


A demonstration going on.


A close up of the participants.


The fife and drum corps.


After the demo, the guys still fired off a few rounds.

Overall a really beautiful fort!